Blackmores Teen Multi for Girls contains 21 essential vitamins and minerals that support healthy growth and development of teenage girls.
Ensuring teenage girls eat a balanced diet can be challenging, so it’s hard to know if they’re getting all they need during these critical years through puberty and beyond when their bodies & minds are still developing.
The five essential brain nutrients include:
– Iodine: Many teenagers have low levels of iodine.
– Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for growth and development for all stages of life. The benefits of omega-3s are many including support of optimal development.
– Iron: An iron deficiency during adolescence may be associated with reduced work capacity and a less efficient response to exercise. Adolescent girls may be at risk of developing iron deficiency as a consequence of the combined effects of continued growth, menstrual iron losses and a low intake of iron.
– Zinc: Many girls also consume less than the recommended daily intake of zinc. Zinc is an important nutrient associated with normal body functioning. Zinc is also important for immune function, cell growth and repair. Long term effects of mild zinc deficiency include delayed wound healing, and impaired immune function.
– Vitamin B12: Another important nutrient for the normal function of all cells and for the metabolism of carbohydrates
Teenagers 12 – 18 years – Take 1 capsule daily with a meal.
Fish oil (natural) 286 mg
Containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 85.8mg as:
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 51.5 mg
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 34.3mg
Iodine (from potassium iodide) 150mcg
Iron (as ferrous fumarate) 5mg
Zinc (as zinc sulfate monohydrate) 15mg
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 2mcg
Betacarotene (Vitamin A 1667IU) 3mg
From Dunaliella salina extract equiv. to fresh cell 75mg
Vitamin B1 (from Thiamine nitrate) 1.1 mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1.1mg
Nicotinamide 14 mg
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) 4mg
Vitamin B6 (from Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 1.23 mg
Folic acid 200mcg
Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 40mg
Vitamin D3 200 IU
Natural Vitamin E 13 IU
Biotin 25 mcg
Calcium (from calcium carbonate) 7 mg
Chromium (as chromium picolinate) 24mcg
Magnesium (from magnesium oxide heavy) 36 mg
Selenium (from yeast-high selenium) 50 mcg
Silicon (from silica-colloidal anhydrous) 11 mcg
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial flavours or sweeteners.